Heat N Glo Brand The popularity of nature as an interior decorating theme is soaring. Outdoor living is often described as “bringing the inside out.” More homeowners are now spending more time entertaining their friends and family outside.
Adding an outdoor fireplace or fire pit is a great way to create a relaxing, elegant outdoor room or outdoor living space. This can greatly increase your home’s curb appeal and value, and provide an oasis for family and friends to enjoy your great outdoor space.
Here are 5 things to consider when choosing a fireplace or fire pit for your outdoor living space:
1. Function Fire pits or fire tables are ideal for a more informal setting with more people, whether using it for family time, entertaining a large group or relaxing after a hectic day. While storytelling and catching up with friends, you can make them relax and enjoy the campfire-like glow. A gas fire pit is also a great idea to accent your space, such as around a waterfall or fountain or on top of a retaining wall.
You can make fire pits temporary, so you can move around depending on the wind or sun exposure. You can also make it permanent to add value to your home. You can still use a fireplace to divide spaces such as your dining or living area. Its walled structure will give you more privacy from your neighbors.
2. Design Fire pits come in different sizes and shapes, but nothing beats an outdoor living space with a burner in the middle. Custom models allow you to have many finishing options, whether tile, stone, stucco or block to match your home’s exterior.
You can make it sit as low as a coffee table or as high as a pub table. A fireplace is always taller and larger than a fire pit. It comes in a wide range of options such as traditional or modern look, log-style or glass media, brick or stainless interior, and stone or brick surrounding your fireplace.
A gas fireplace has a minimum height of approximately 3′, while a wood fireplace is about 10’ including the chimney.
3. Budget Fire pits are cheaper compared to the outdoor fireplace. However, an outdoor fireplace includes a surround of tile, brick or stone, which can add a spectacular anchor to your outdoor space.
4. Heat Positioning an outdoor fireplace can help block wind to reduce heat loss. Unlike the fire pit which has an open flame, the fireplace contains the flame enabling your logs and brick interior to radiate heat more efficiently. This helps keep your space warmer.
5. Safety When using a wood fire pit, you need to be a little bit more careful because it won’t contain the sparks. You can use a screen cover to contain them. A fireplace holds the flame in the firebox. Steel grate, doors, fire screen or framed mesh screen help keep children safe from sparks.
Why Choose Heat & Glo A fireplace or fire pit can make your outdoor living space as inviting and comfortable as your living room, whether it’s a big garden or a tiny balcony. It’s also a good way to anchor your living space to use it year-round, spend your evening when the temperature cools down or even extend your outdoor season as you stay connected to your family and friends.
Heat & Glo, the industry-leading brand, has hearth experts who are eager to help you create the outdoor space you’ve always dreamt of. Get in touch to choose a fire pit or outdoor fireplace that will wow your family and friends.